Patellar tendon donor-site healing during six and twelve months after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
Eleby Rudolph Washington
Arya Nick Shamie
MetadataShow full item record
© 2015 Prof. P K Surendran Memorial Education Foundation. Background: Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft is one of the most acceptable methods of treatment for Anterior Cruciate Ligament rupture (ACL). This study evaluates the recovery process of the graft donor site. Methods: This study evaluates the graft donor site recovery in 23 patients with ACL reconstruction, 6 and 12 months after the patellar tendon graft surgery. Results: In 70 percent of the cases, the healing process was completed after 6 months and the remaining 30 percent recovered after 12 months. Conclusion: Time is an important factor in the recovery process of the patellar tendon for reconstruction of the ACL.